Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You know what I did .........

It has been a week in am in IDLING mode.. long holidays... let's recap n see what i have done.
1. Went to the Thai restaurant, near my office area, and it was a good dinner...
2. Went to DASMAN, a supermarket and got myself some nice cheese spread and bread, and some yogurt drinks.
3. Went to MINANG Nasi Padang restaurant and it was good as well...
4. Went to LANDMARK mall.. Went to Villagio mall....
5. Tried Char Koay Teow, taste not bad... it would be perfect if got taugeh and chai por with it.. :)
6. Get to know that my best mate, Clement and Sabrina are expecting their first offspring in another 4 months.. happy for you Bro!!
7. Downloaded TONNS of movies....
8. Still considering to buy Canon G10 or Pana Lumix LX3 ....
9. Counting the days when i will be back to PG.. ( 40 days more ONLY!!)
10. Saw the first Rain in Doha, when i went to Corniche.
11. Saw the first rain shower the next day.
12. Feeling the cold of winter.

Hmmm.. that should sums up almost everything... For the food here, it is quite expensive compared to PG.. for example, the nasi padang that me and my fren had just now, it cost me about RM50... what we took was.. Eggs, chicken, vege for me, and rendang, Chicken and vege for my fren. But if u look at it, locally, one Nasi Goreng will cost you RM25.. so i guess it is worth it then??!!... :)

Starting to get use to the area here.. starts to familiarize with the road that leads me to office, to come back, to go to Doha old town...

These few days, went to a city or some sort like an old town of Doha, it is totally the oppostite of what i have seen so far... for me, this is the REAL QATAR.. i went to the city where old buildings are there, old shops, not much of Hummer, only normal cars... ( NO CAMEL LA!!)... and it is actually quite old school... the city for the OLD Doha ( i dun think it is a correct term but i like it this way ), is almost like our Penang street.. or Little India in Penang.. or if you are from SP, Pekan Lama.... I see LOTS and i do really mean LOTS of Labourers from Nepal and India in that area... I wish i have a cam to snap some pics but i do not have (yet!!).. Heard from my fren that the city will soon be demolished, to make way for more advance and new buildings.. what a waste.. i hope i can get some pictures of it.. before they tear the REAL Doha down...

Lots of contruction surrounds me at my apartment.. new buildings are being erected everyday... this shows, the pace of developing is quite fast... A colleague who use to work in Dubai, told me that this place is 20 yrs behind Dubai.. I have yet step my foot in Dubai so i cannot comment.. ahehehh....

Not sure what to cook for dinner tonite.. maybe will try Char Koay Teow again.. Tomorrow is a working day and then, off for 2 days again... :) Life is good in the month of December cause you get full pay, but work half the time... waddup!!

Lastly a quote that i get from a fren just now .. " It takes only 2 good men to stop doing what they do before the evil man takes over... " Ponder on it....

Alritey then.. thanks for reading.. god bless and hope all my frens are in good health and safe..

CIAO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

noname said...

8. Still considering to buy Canon G10 or Pana Lumix LX3 ....
Get Canon A1000 :Ddfd